2018: Reaching End of Service
The latest updates (if any) will be posted on this page.
- Added social login support in an attempt to thwart fake sign-ups and close most fake and active accounts.
- Refactored codebase to an SPA to address scalability issues and mitigate DDOS traffic
- Experiment with airdrops / airdrips to find a viable business model, but there is too much automation / exploitation
- Considering to discontinue the faucet due to fake accounts still being created and no suitable business model being found
- Discontinued accepting new airdrops / airdrips. A viable business model was not found despite attempts to experiment with Airdrops/Airdrips, the creation of a gamification API and resource allocation (earn through distributed computing) as well as trying to implement staking.
- Sign-ups for the faucet are permanently discontinued late 2019 and all activity stopped - there are too many fake / bot accounts that are difficult to detect
- Deposits for consolidations from other faucets are no longer accepted, deposit addresses are being retired
- Discontinuing the listing of the (beta) mobile App in the beta program of Google's Play Store
- Future updates are posted on the website, no longer in the Telegram group - The history of the Telegram group will remain available for as long as Telegram saves it and the messages are subject to our moderation policy.
- Fixed an unintended situation that still allowed for occasional sign-ups during Q1 of 2020 for the faucet (despite the micro-faucet being stopped). After the fix, logging-in to the website is no longer possible.
- QoinPro reached End-of-Service in 2018/2019 and cannot be maintained indefinitely and will charge off-chain storage fees for the few accounts that still hold crypto. Storage fees will be charged as of January 1, 2022 (see reasons and details).