Comment on page
2018: Reaching End of Service
2018: Reaching End-Of-Service, 2019: Discontinued Permanently
This page details the discontinuation progression from 2018 onwards. Only updates from the last 36 months are shown. For archived (and summarized) updates older than that, please scroll down.
- To be updated...
- To be updated...
The following notes are no longer relevant, but have been archived for clarification transparency.
- Fixed an unintended situation that still allowed for occasional sign-ups during Q1 of 2020 for the faucet (despite the micro-faucet being stopped).
- Discontinued accepting new airdrops / airdrips. A viable business model was not found despite attempts to experiment with Airdrops/Airdrips, the creation of a gamification API and resource allocation (earn through distributed computing) as well as trying to implement staking.
- Sign-ups for the faucet are permanently discontinued late 2019 and all activity stopped - there are too many fake / bot accounts that are difficult to detect
- Deposits for consolidations from other faucets are no longer accepted, deposit addresses are being retired
- Discontinuing the listing of the (beta) mobile App in the beta program of Google's Play Store
- Future updates are posted on the website, no longer in the Telegram group - The history of the Telegram group will remain available for as long as Telegram saves it and the messages are subject to our moderation policy.
- Added social login support in an attempt to thwart fake sign-ups and close most fake and active accounts.
- Refactored codebase to an SPA to address scalability issues and mitigate DDOS traffic
- Experiment with airdrops / airdrips to find a viable business model, but there is too much automation / exploitation
- Considering to discontinue the faucet due to fake accounts still being created and no suitable business model being found