Comment on page
2018: Reaching End-Of-Service, 2019: Discontinued Permanently
We maintain the following moderation policy with regards to deletion of content/messages from users. Some of the moderation is manual and may be applied retroactively
- Messages from "Deleted Accounts" or accounts that are no longer active
- System / Platform messages (such as user X joined the group / has left the group)
- Messages from accounts that represent multiple people
- Spam messages / repeating or duplicate messages (incl. forwarded messages) / external links, broken links, messages somehow sent or notifying @all.
- Questions about other platforms
- Mentions of @username without context, emojis without context either in text or name/username
- Non-English messages in English only groups
- Replies to deleted messages that are confusing / make no more sense without the context
- Specific "Please check your PM/DM" messages or requests for private messages, particularly to administrators
- Messages containing personal-, balance-, transaction- or account related information or support requests
- Messages containing profanity, are in all CAPS or incite unwanted behavior as well as messages from accounts with names that are in primarily CAPS
- Messages that are irrelevant, hard to understand, repeating or redundant
- Messages that are very short (one letter), exceptions, an exception would be "?" and messages from user's name is only 1 letter or otherwise non-descriptive
- Messages from accounts with animating names and/or username.
- Messages from misleading (or unwanted) usernames, promoting others, enumerating usernames, usernames containing links, phone numbers, usernames misrepresenting titles/credentials or users pretending to be moderators / administrators or impersonating others
- Messages or bios containing referral codes / links
- Messages from duplicate accounts or accounts with seemingly random names or accounts with names/usernames asking to be blocked.
- Messages from accounts with names that are in all CAPS
- Messages spreading false or inaccurate information
- Messages from accounts that frequently change username / names, are unverified or are otherwise too anonymous.
- Messages from account that infringe on copyright, are misleading or try to represent other tradenames / brands
- Messages from users that were added to the channel / platform involuntarily (by others) and are irrelevant
- Messages begging for money / free money requests or promoting free money
- Messages from (semi) anonymous or unverified accounts (for example, without username, mobile number, photo (or partial photo) and incomplete name or containing random elements) or names and / or usernames that are complete gibberish.
- Trolls, FUD, messages in ALL CAPS, offensive content (including username or bio) or Doxxing
- Messages from usernames containing (or asking for) (partial) addresses or other personal information (including bios)
- Messages from usernames/names containing commas, emojis, or more numbers, symbols than letters or are all blank, are shorter than 3 or longer than 24 characters or contain 4 (or more) of the same character consecutively.
- Messages from accounts with profile photos of a single color, babies, children, are misleading, contain nudity, profanity, are violent, shocking, threatening, suggest, endorse or promote immoral activity or are otherwise inappropriate.
- Bots or other non-human accounts, bot commands or perceived bot commands
- Off-topic messages or test messages
Furthermore, messages may be deleted for the following other reasons
- Violation of one of the policies of the respective platform
- Expiration dates (timers) of individual messages are reached
- Users delete their own messages
- The message itself is over 3 years old and the posting user is no active in the respective community.
- The age of the message surpasses the storage duration of the platform (i.e. 3 years for Telegram groups).
- Platforms (X / Twitter or Telegram) start charging account- or maintenance fees.
With regards to our own content, we remove our messages or untag ourselves if:
- The message is a response to a message that no longer exists
- Reposts / Retweets of external news that is no longer relevant
- The message is a reply to a message containing personal- or account related information
- The message is no longer relevant (i.e. 18 months+ old)
For official community groups that are inactive (Twitter, Telegram, etc.), in order to phase them out, users are unsubscribed / unfollowed in the following situations.
- If their status indicates that they haven't been on the platform for more than a month, for example in Telegram they were last seen "a long time ago".